Friday, May 6, 2011

First week of May...

Happy Provider and Teacher Appreciation to all my provider/teacher friends this week!  And Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's!!! 

So, this week we were all sitting and eating lunch... the six daycare children and I.  The children's conversation turned toward a wedding as one of our daycare friends was going out of town for a wedding.  One of my daycare boys pipes up and says his mom and dad are going to get married.  I told him they already were. 
He said, "Well maybe, but they do go on dating lessons." 
I said, "Really... dating lessons.  What do they learn?" 
He said, "Well I go to swimming lessons so I don't sink in the deep end and they learn about dating."
I said, "Oh, well they must have fun like you do when you go to swimming lessons."
He said, "I don't know how much fun it is because I have to go to grandma's (with a big sigh)."
How funny how they perceive things... isn't it!  I love conversations at lunch.  You just never know with a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds what they may talk about.

This week was another week with a lot of rain.  We had a nice day on Wednesday and Thursday and back to the gloom and rain for the weekend!  Ugh!  At least we were outdoors most days this week in between the rain.  Starting to wonder if we will ever dry out!  I so want to start working in the flower beds... its just so hard when you squish through them.

This week we were introduced to the letter Xx.  The end of the alphabet is always such a struggle for me.  I just don't have the resources I have with the rest of the alphabet.  We did many activities to learn letter Xx... which is an easy letter for most children to recognize but a harder one to remember that sound (ks) especially since we talk about ending sounds in order to have enough words to use.  We did our normal letter books for the week in which I have pictures of it.






We did some left to right progression activities.  We read an emergent reader, we counted on the number line from left to right,  we moved from left to right and we did the following activity sheet in which we connected dots from left to right.

We did a spring dot to dot making a flower.

The dot to dot was used to lead into our "May Day" discussion.  We talked about May Day and made a May Day basket that the children were supposed to go home and hide it for someone at home to find.  It was fun to hear what some of them did that night, where they hid it, and who found it.

We also made these cute May Day sunglasses.




We were introduced to the number 15 this week. We did a lot of counting and we also did these activity sheets.

We talked about butterflies this week.  We talked about their life cycle and did a few life cycle sequencing activities.  One on the pocket chart and one with a wheel.

And we waterpainted a butterfly.


We also talked about bees.  We enjoyed singing "I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee", doing a fingerplay,
and doing a few bee activities.
We did a bee pre-writing activity.


A bee size sequencing activity.

And we made a bee.


We also spent a great deal of time on our Mother's Day projects.
We made a card...
 ...and we made these.  My husband acquired these on a job.  They are plastic disks that are like something you'd find in a trophy shop.  So I cleaned them up and used a black painter marker and some acrylic paint and used the children's fingerprints to color in the flower.  I thought they turned out pretty nice and I love being able to use things I already have. 


That concludes all the learning and projects we did this week.  Hope you enjoyed seeing what we did.

3 comments:

  1. I need to to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to check out new things you post. 야한동영상

    Click this link
    야설

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to to thank you for this fantastic read!! I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. 국산야동

    Click this link
    야설

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like looking through a post that can make people think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment. 중국야동넷

    Click this link
    야설

    ReplyDelete