Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Our New Addition... a sandbox

My sandbox of over 8 years finally had to retire this year.  The moisture, flooding, and age finally toke a toll on it.  This year when I went down to the playground after the winter season we found that one side was on the verge of caving in.  Well it did cave in along with the bottom letting go.

My husband decided he would make us a knew one and although I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out... he surprised me with a fantastic sandbox!  I've taken pictures of it below.

So basically what you are seeing is the sandbox closed for the day.  I made a cover with a little help from my sewing machine so that we could tie down each side of the tarp.  We couldn't find a cover for it 6x6 so we had to improvise a little.

Here is the sandbox in action... It is a 5x5 with a depth of about 5".  We screwed down a post in the middle to prevent puddling on the tarp.  It works out pretty good.
 
 

 The children just love this sandbox! 

Best,
Rose




No comments:

Post a Comment