We finished our "All About Me" books. Below are pictures of them. Most of the ideas for this book came from Live and Learn Press and Homeschool Share.
We continued on with our "Letter Aa Book" as well and did a few letter Aa crafts. You can download the pages I can share from my letter book here.
We put an X on the picture that started with the short /a/ sound on the left which
is from Explode the Code, Book 1 and we did a font sort and a letter trace on the
We made paper piecing alligators for Aa. You can find the template here.
And we made an Alligator out of an uppercase A and an apple
out of a lowercase a.
We also started our "Letter Bb Books" this week.
This is the cover.
On the left we put a three piece puzzle of the letters together and we
colored the parts of the bell that had a Bb in them (from Getting Ready for the Code).
On the right we talked about what we saw and what letter sound they heard at
the beginning of the picture and then looked to see which one was different. We
also put a puzzle of balloons together using the numbers to help us. Next week
I will send the link for some of the pages to this book.
We continued with our sight words and began learning the -at family of words this week. Some of the children are getting it and some are slowly beginning to make sense of it. For now we will keep going. Here are the activities we did from 1+1+1=1.
On the left we traced the line from one sight word to the matching one and reading
them. On the right we colored the sight words in the books according to the
colors determined by the directions.
Above we connected the dots to the same sight words making a shape
and we traced and read the sight words.
Here we were looking for the same words as the first word and
putting an X on it. This is from the Explode the Code, book 1.
Getting ready to read the -at family of words.
I also put a bunch of -at family words on the marker board and we read them.
They did wonderful on this task and enjoyed that they were reading words! How fun!
We were introduced to the color red. We found red objects in our classroom, we sorted objects that we cut out and glued them on a red paper, we listened to the story "The Red Radish" from EarTwiggles.com and lastly we sequenced the story. Below are a few pictures of what we did.
And our last activity of the week was a cutting activity. We cut the lion's mane (there were lines that they had to cut and stop at the end of the line) and then made the lion.
Hope you enjoyed our week!